CHRIST CHURCH GABRIOLA
SECTION: Building and Grounds
SUBJECT: Rental of Church Building
APPROVED: April 21, 2022
The renter is required to provide a copy of their third-party liability insurance coverage to the Rental Contact Person in advance of the event. The renter has two options for their third-party liability insurance coverage at the church:
· A “Certificate of Insurance” from the renter’s insurance broker (copy must state “The Anglican Synod of British Columbia” as an additional insured party) – OR –
· The completed and paid-for “Facility Rental User Liability Insurance” form from the Anglican Church of Canada’s insurance broker Aon Risk Solutions (see link below)
Examples of approximate cost:
· A one-time meeting/workshop for 10 to 30 people: approx $60
· A one-time musical concert for 30 to 60 people: approx. $160
· Weekly choir gathering from September to May: approx. $250
- Sanctuary + Hall + Kitchen $25 / hr or portion
- Sanctuary + Hall $20 / hr or portion
- Hall + Kitchen $20 / hr or portion
- Hall only $12 / hr or portion
All set-up and clean-up time must be included within the time booked.
3. Church Equipment
The piano, organ, amplifiers, and other sensitive equipment are not to be moved, unless supervised by the Church Council. All other equipment that is moved must be returned to original locations.
4. Maximum Capacity
Occupancy numbers and furniture layout must not exceed posted Fire Department requirements. No exit is to be blocked.
5. Use of alcohol and/or tobacco and/or cannabis
Use of alcohol and/or tobacco and/or cannabis are not permitted at non-church-sponsored events held on church property.
6. Post-rental Cleaning
The church is to be left in as-good-as-found condition.
A rental agreement may be cancelled with 21 days’ notice for a church event such as a funeral or special meeting. The church will make every effort to avoid cancelling a rental agreement.
CHRIST CHURCH GABRIOLA – RENTAL AGREEMENT (printable document below)
- NO CELLPHONE COVERAGE AT THE CHURCH; CHURCH LANDLINE IS AVAILABLE
- WIFI IS AVAILABLE; PASSWORD IS POSTED BESIDE ROUTER
1. Rooms required: _____________________________________________________
2. Date(s) and time(s) required: ____________________________________________
3. Rental fee: $________ per hour ________ hours Total: $____________
4. Payment – circle one:
Cheque payable to Christ Church Gabriola (mail to 2600 South Rd, Gabriola V0R 1X7)
E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Organization/Individual: ___________________________________________
Name of contact person: __________________________________ Phone: ____________
E-mail address: __________________________________
6. Description of Event _________________________________________________________
7. Type of third-party liability insurance (see Rental Policies document) – circle one:
a. Certificate of Insurance from renter’s insurance company, with “Anglican Synod of British Columbia” listed as an additional insured party
b. Facility Rental User Liability Insurance document from Aon Risk Solutions.
I have read and will abide by the Rental Policy and the Covid regulations posted on the church website.
Please email completed Rental Agreement, along with the third-party insurance document, to email@example.com Subject: Rental
RENTAL CONTACT PERSON
Name: Brian Field - Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rental Contact Person will provide a church key for the rental period.v
Karen's office hours are Wednesday 1:00-3:00. ( Suspended until the Church building reopens)
To make an appointment please phone the church at 250-247-8633
or Email: ChristChurchGabriola@gmail.com